The champions Frederikshavn Blackhawks is coming back
The Danish club Frederikshavn Blackhawks will return to Gothia Innebandy Cup in January. In the last edition of the tournament, the club's G15 team became champions.
It has become a tradition for Frederikshavn Blackhawks to play Gothia Innebandy Cup in Gothenburg every year.
– We choose to come back as we have had really good experiences before at the Gothia Innebandy Cup, says the leader Stine Frederiksen.
In January 2023, they participated with four teams. It will be something similar next year.
– I don't know exactly how many teams will participate from Frederikshavn Blackhawks yet. We usually have four to five boys and girls teams. Our talented G15 girls won the tournament last time. We are very proud of that, says Stine Frederiksen.
She was the leader of the team that played in the G13 category in Gothia Innebandy Cup 2023.
– We made it to the quarterfinals in the A-playoffs last time and had an exciting tournament with instructive matches against good opposition, she says.
Stine Frederiksen explains why the club has chosen to return to Gothia Innebandy Cup.
– We choose to come back as we have had really good experiences in the past at Gothia Innebandy Cup. We live in Frederikshavn, and therefore we like to participate in tournaments in Gothenburg. Since we play in a boys' league in Denmark, we love coming to Gothia Innebandy Cup and meeting talented girls' teams. It's fun for us to play against girls. We might play a bit more physically because we're used to playing against boys, says the leader.
She only has positive things to say about the tournament in Gothenburg.
– Our best memory is the community we experience by being on a trip together. We try to create a good atmosphere in the arena, at the school and not least in the dining hall. Another good memory is that a floorball reporter followed us for a few matches, says Stine Frederiksen and adds:
– We develop as players and as a team in Gothia Innebandy Cup, when we play against skilled opponents who give us matches where we have to play at our best in every match.