Ottestad IL from Norway signed up early: "A fantastic experience"
Ottestad IL registered early. The Norwegian club will come to Gothia Innebandy Cup with at least two teams in January 2024.
Ottestad IL has grown stronger as a floorball club in recent years. Like this year, they will participate in Gothia Innebandy Cup in Gothenburg in 2024.
– The players look forward to these days with great joy, says the coach Magnus Skulstad, who is also the team manager for the G19 national team in Norway.
How would you describe your club?
– We're based in the county of Innlandet and are a club from a place just outside Hamar. In recent years, we have become the largest floorball club here in Innlandet. Our focus is development and joy. In recent years, we have proven that you can get far by following this focus.
You have chosen to register two teams for Gothia Innebandy Cup. Why have you chosen to do it and which categories will you compete in?
– Gothia Innebandy Cup is a fantastic experience for our athletes. I myself have been there as a leader since 2012 and have never experienced a better tournament. We will travel there with our B12 and B13 teams in 2024. It's possible that we will bring a team in the B17 category as well, but right now it's B12 and B13 teams that will attend for sure.
What does Gothia Innebandy Cup mean to you? What do you think of the tournament?
– The joy of being involved, the social cohesion, meeting new teams and being in Gothenburg was an experience that our athletes greatly appreciated in 2023. They're really looking forward to 2024 and look forward to these days with great joy.
What are you most looking forward to with Gothia Innebandy Cup 2024?
– That we travel as a team. We want to show off our club and play floorball. We're also very much looking forward to the social part that we will have with us during the tournament.
What are your team's strengths and what are your goals for the tournament?
– Our strength is that we have good cohesion, and that all our players are equally important. We cheer each other on and we fight hard. Our teams have been playing together since they were little and we see our basics and game plans starting to work quite well.
– In our club, there are no result targets. We only work with development goals. Ahead of the 2023/2024 season, we are now working on new goals and in Gothia Innebandy Cup 2024 we can test to see how many we have managed to reach as a team, says Magnus Skulstad.