Hovslätts IK won a real thriller in the B17 final: "Really exciting"
The last final at Partille Arena in Gothia Innebandy Cup 2024 was played between the Swedish B17 teams Hovslätts IK and FC Helsingborg - and it turned out to be a real nail biter.
Hovslätts IK had to fight right into the final seconds to hold off and grab the win, but they succeeded in the end.
– It was a really good effort by the team, says Max Roman, who was named the match's MVP.
FC Helsingborg's player Viggo Wallin scored the first goal of the match, but it wasn't long before Emil Karlsson equalized for Hovslätts IK. When the score was 1-1 after the first period, it was all set for a real thriller – and the match didn't disappoint anyone. Hovslätts IK showed fantastic qualities and scored three straight goals through Sebastian Sjökvist, Hugo Olsson and Casper Erlén.
But whoever thought the match was over was wrong. FC Helsingborg scored two straight goals and it was a real thriller. But Hovslätts IK held on and won by four goals to three.
– It feels very nice. It was a really good effort by the team. It was insanely exciting. When they started playing with six men and scored 4-2 and 4-3, you were nervous, says Max Roman and heaves a sigh of relief.
What makes you so good as a team?
– We have such good team spirit. We push each other and just do our best. We have won all the matches except one which ended in a draw. There have been no losses.
He sees great value in winning Gothia Innebandy Cup.
– It is very big. It's the biggest I've won. It feels good.
How will you celebrate during the evening?
– There will be jumping, singing and everything. We will just go for it! says Max Roman with a smile.