Röbäcks IF visits Gothia Innebandy Cup for the first time and participates with a team in B14. A team that gets an opportunity to compete against new teams and likes to be in Gothenburg. And the guys agrees on what the best part is.
Two of the players in Röbäcks IF are fourteen-year-olds William Nordin and Alfred Westerlund. The Gothia Innebandy Cup is a chance for them to go up against other teams than they usually do.
– It’s been fun to play against new teams and not the same old team that we play against every weekend, says Alfred Westerlund.
The team comes from Umeå, in the northern parts of Sweden, and has a little more than 800 kilometers to Gothenburg. It means a long journey and some nights away just like for many other teams.
But the players in Röbäcks IF are not too sorry to sleep away. They live at a hotel during the tournament which is popular with players.
– It’s nice to stay in a hotel, says William Nordin.
And Alfred Westerlund agrees that it is not wrong to stay in a hotel.
– It’s new to us, but much nicer than sleeping on mattresses in a school room, he says.
It’s just to hang out at the hotel with the team that has been the best part of the tournament in addition to play floorball. Where they entertain themselves with games in the corridors and some more.
– We usually play loud music, play Fortnite and drinks rehydration, says William Nordin.
Coach Tony Bergström is also pleased with the tournament. He says that they accidentally signed up after winning a sales competition that made it possible for them to go.
– It’s fun to have the opportunity to go down to southern Sweden and measure ourselves against other teams. The whole cup adventure has been good, both the accommodation, the game schedule so we have nothing to complain about, he says.
The goal of the tournament was to play good floorball and get as far as possible. It has been difficult for the coaches to know what awaits the team since they are facing many new teams..
– We have no idea who the opponents is and have googled some of them. So we take one match at a time, says Tony Bergström.
They won their group despite that and the round of sixteen against Sniper’s Bratislava awaits during Sunday night.
– It will be fun to go up against a team from Slovakia, says Tony Bergström.